Saturday, October 16, 2004

Well, blogging is slogging....

Yes, I don't know what I'm doing yet and so I lost a parable. So let's see if I can rewrite it.

It's about a man named Peter. Now, Peter was a rather cocky cock always wanting to cut off ears and lay down his life for the One. The One seems to overlook this sort of thing more than secretly stealing like this other guy named Judas. Maybe I'll write a parable about him too. But this one is about Peter.

Once upon a time there was a cocky cock named Peter. He was always saying that he'd fight for the One, come on...now let's fight, is it time to fight yet? This sort of thing. The One, he did not mind this so much. He said, "Upon this rock I will build my church."

Yet, one day He taught Peter a lil' lesson about who the real Rock is. So he is saying, is it time to fight, for I will stand and this sort of thing. The One replies, "Now my little rooster you will not crow so loudly soon. In fact my little rooster, you will betray me three times before another rooster sees the light and crows."

Peter scratched his head. For did he not see the Light and crow loudly to awaken those who are slumbering just like a good rooster? Yet it was just as the Word said because well, just as you can't say anything without words the Word does not lie. So at the first touch of the true Dis-ease Peter became quite uneasy! By the end, he was running away from little servant girls like a little sissy. When another cocky cock did crow three times at the light of the dawn suddenly Peter could actually think on his own again. It was as if he was born....again. So he repented of what he had done and began using the talents given to him once, then more and more.

He crowed loudly! For he was the rock. You see, roosters are designed to crow at the light and to guard the henhouse from a sly fox. So then, that is what Peter did and he is at the foundation of the true Church. He has been used to protect many more little hens and henhouses than you may know.

So if you are a rooster, crow as he did!

No comments: