Monday, October 11, 2004

Hi, ho, David did say a little somethin'!

"No, I called you in because I thought you would like to join in and share your ideas in a civilized and mature manner. Maybe even make a post that had to do with music or something other then politics and theology. Obviously, I was wrong. It's funny that all the sudden you feel you need to make an excuse for why you're posting here."

Under the shepherd story, look what I see!

I did share in that way and true jokes are not immature. No, the crass and crude, obscenities, etc., they are immature. Hey, who tended to the crass and crude, plus the obscene too? Civilized, eh? As if the civilized do not have the quickest and sharpest wit? As if they do not have the most precise weapons that are not so blunt and crass? What is civilization and who tries to deny that it is superior? What pattern of art is a full on fascist denial of civilization and then who still wants and needs civility? What in hell were you talking about there anyway? What is uncivilized? Do you know? Is it telling a witty joke? What is wit and what is wisdom, the wit and wisdom of things? Is that civilized? The manner and pattern of wit and wisdom is very civilized and mature. Maturity does not mean you sit around with old wise guys, not laughing. Many a sage of the age, laughs...

As to feeelings and felt needs, deep seated needs of feelings, have you been therapizin' with Collin? Hehe... no little brother, do not try to tell me what my feelings were or are. You're going to get into a lil' trouble with that kind of therapizin'. It winds all up in your own self. You'll get all turned about and mesed up that way. Maybe if you were arguing with a little schoolboy you could say, "You feel this way don't you?" And he says, "Yeeeeah, I do feel a lil' that way just as you say."

The written word is all just words and signs and symbols that are not "real life" anyway though, right? So, no trouble and you can't get into trouble with it...Hmmm? So then, come here and start writing for of course, you have nothing to fear. It's not real life.

As to excuses,

Did I need your help there? No. Did I need you as some excuse? No. Did I ask for your help? No. Did I tell the ironic truth about how the Word ended up crushing down upon some dead heads, yes. Do I think that by the way you want silence or friendship instead of seeking Wisdom that you're not a man of understanding? Ah, probably....so that might be a lil' something for you to work on. You could begin with thinkin' about wit and wisdom and how telling a true joke does not create Victims. You're going to have to start thinkin' about how every pseudo-man who claims to be a Victim might not actually be one, see.

Now, if some supposed wit or wisdom is not true then perhaps it might create an actual victim. At any rate, my ideas were shared in a civilized manner for a long time, just look back, back. I admit, I am not always that patient every single time. I actually was very patient and repetitive for the tykes there, though. Maybe it was just for you! There were relatively few true jokes mixed in for some time. They were indeed few. In fact, only one to begin with and there's nothing inherently wrong with a sense of humor that is true and a quick wit. Then gradually more, more...for in the end as it all gets defined out it does not make sense to argue with people who are Anti-Word and so anti-civilization. Civility? You can't have that without civilization. No, it is time for a lot of fun!

Perhaps as they get their metaphysical butts kicked and their inner children spanked all over the place they begin to look back and say, "Actually, I like the thinkin' more than feelings or art now, civilization! Let's be civililzed...maybe I'll lean a lil' more on law and philosophy too. Civility!"

It is too late then anyway. Also, using art to communicate is not uncivilized. Jesus called some people a brood of vipers, hey....it's just not civilized! That's not all He did, either. If you have a problem with the metaphors I use then you just might have a problem with the Word, the Man Himself.

1 comment:

mynym said...

"....had to do with music or something other then politics and theology."

These all go together. Also, as far as mode of music mixed in with the message, the politics and theology of it. I did comment on it.

Lost Prophets...they seem like a good band. POD, seem good. Many others, they seem good too.

The Look Machine, they are bad.

That has been my comment. Can they be refined into something better...eh, let's just say I've never actually seen a certain type of pattern of mind and soul change. I have seen minds all around change while there is one that does not, not "really."