Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A thought experiment...

Try this experiment, never think or ink/write this thought, "I do not think." Or, "I do not think so." and "I do not think such and such." and so on.

Take a day and try to always think, "I think such and such." "I think this." "I think so." "I do think that!"

Or with belief, try to always be believing and avoid, "I do not believe that." Instead, always be believing what you do believe. So, "I believe this and not that."

Given some people's pattern of not thinking, this lil' experiment will give them quite a headache. But it is good for them. After that, they will probably need their coffee, cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, a visit to a shrink or some form of therapizing that they normally use.

Then try, try again.....and perhaps eventually, things change. I know that those caught up in therapizing do not think that such things can change. I think they are correct about that.

It is right to be right, write that down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Algebra a branch of mathmatics apparantly shunned by fundimentalist for its islamic roots demeans this 'thought police' philosophy.

x = 5
y = 9

x + y = 14

or

x + y = 2

I do not think the latter equation is correct.

Learning to think coherently while using alcohol simply excerzizes the brain to use the speed of thought when sober.

mynym said...

"x = 5
y = 9

x + y = 14

or

x + y = 2

I do not think the latter equation is correct."

You think that it is incorrect. If you do not think then your sentence may as well end there. What you do not think, is not worth writing as if it is right.

But....you do seem to have a habit of not thinking. For all thinking is like having "thought police." And the assertiveness and yes, even the divisiveness of that!

Maybe I have some thought police for you that will arrest your weak thoughts for the crime of stupidity.