Monday, November 01, 2004

Humans and their humus...

Once upon a time there was a group of guys in a field next to some woods. They saw a man sitting in the humus next to the woods. So they walked over to him and said, "What's up?" He replied, "I am down, down. So can you see how dependent I am?" He threw a lil' humus in the air. Then he burrowed in a little deeper. For the dependency of that! He seemed to want to be the humus. He looked pretty weak to the young guys.

Then a farmer happened by the edge of his field. He was plowing up the humus with an iron plow with a strong horse pulling. He threw seeds out behind him. He hit a rock and stooped down quickly and easily hefted it off to the side of the field. He pulled back on the reins, for the plow horse wanted to just keep pulling on ahead, and stopped next to the group of guys. He said, "That farmer is all about the dependency of it all. He never seems to get much done. So I give him some food sometimes. So do you want to be strong or weak? My way is not an easy way. All I can say is that it is a rewarding way and fulfilling. You can follow me and I will show you how to be more like me. This guy here that I feed sometimes is as weak as he looks. In fact, he is digging his own grave. So let the dead bury the dead and follow me. I will make you strong."

It is an odd thing. Most of the young men did want to be strong and yet few followed him. He was strong, yet his way looked hard. Instead, most sat down with the other man and began to burrow into the humus too. So they all fit in together. You might say that they were all about fitting in.

No comments: