Monday, November 08, 2004

The Debt...

Once upon a time there were two men. The first man owed the other man a debt.

So one day the creditor says to the debtor, "I need the money that you owe me."

To which the debtor replied, "This is my personal life now. I spent that money during my public life. So can you get back to me when I am living my political life?"

The second man said, "Huh? It is your personal life now? I lent you the money personally. Personally, I think you're being retarded now. So give me the money."

The other replied, "Well, I spent it publicly. I was at Walmart and I spent it. That's my public life. But now this is my private life."

The creditor, a bit exasperated, "So do we have to go to Walmart for you to pay me back, publicly?"

"I would not want to trouble you. Let's keep living our private lives, privately. For the nicety of our personal lives!"

The creditor replied, "Look, you have to pay me now."

"As if I do not have a choice? Hey, the intolerance of that! I am pro-choice about my personal life. So, that's my decision on this!"

"What is your decision on this?"

"It's private." the debtor replied. "I have my rights! I get to make a choice here."

The creditor said, "I take it you're not going to tell me what your choice is and why you are making it? If you have a good reason, I am listening."

"It's a private decision."

The creditor replied, "Well, here is my decision. I am going to have you put in jail. The reason for my decision is that you are not paying me the money that you owe me. I have a record of our private transaction that can be made public. So then, that is my decision and the reasons for it."

Then the debtor payed the money.

But he said, "I am still choosing my private decision, privately!"

1 comment:

mynym said...

Halo 2...That's why he did not have any money. Too much time playing games, don't you know.