Friday, July 26, 2013

Just "writing" for my own sake...

[quote="lee h oswald, post: 57116, member: 254"]Synchronicity? That's crazy talk![/quote]

Indeed.

The weird thing is when it gets out of the matrix/internet where it can be explained fully as "if you clicked this, then you might like this"  algorithms at work connecting you to information.  For instance, just the other day I was walking with my beautiful wife down a path with sycamore trees on it and for some reason I really liked them.  I even touched one and thought, "Great, what's next... becoming like those tree huggers?"  Then the next day I wound up reading about some guy that apparently thinks he's a prophet talking about how the "sycamores have fallen"* in America and so forth.  That's just great. But in retrospect, the chances of pretty much anything happening by happenstance within my mind of synaptic gaps were apparently 100% according to the theory of natural selection and the fact that groups of ape-like creatures once mated with each other due to natural selection operating on the mating habits of ancient worm-like creatures after we all emerged from a void of pretty much nothing and so forth.  So there is that.  I know that perspective always makes me feel safer, like I'm about to crawl into Mother Nature's womb. Safety first!


 *And from there I found these perspectives on 911: (The Harbinger: the Ancient Mystery that holds the secret of America's Future by Johnathon Cahn) vs. (The Most Dangerous Book in the World: 9/11 as Mass Ritual by S.K. Bain)  All just chock full of bunk and ludicrous forms of retrospective pattern attribution, from some perspectives... and yet I still touched that tree.  So that and numerous other forms of synchronicity still seem odd, from my perspective.  What are the chances?  100% in retrospect, I suppose. But what is chance, a cause without an effect or an effect without a "mechanism" to cause it?

No comments: