Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Rambling 9/17

Hagee's house and ranch sure are big, regardless...  so apparently nationalism and Zionism are a successful mega church empire building strategy.  Failing that, there's always Osteen's even more successful Happy Meal strategy.  How nice! 

Osteen, net worth $40 million. House: $10.5 million... federal reserve notes.  View of Zionism or anything of significance in the world other than happy feelings?  Priceless.

Hagee, net worth supposedly $5 million but John C. Hagee Royalty Trust provided a $5.5 million dollar ranch, etc.  View from a former member of his church:  "I don't even have a house! My kids grew up on top of each other like sardines. ... I just want a little house." She added, "I thought something was wrong with me. Why am I still [living like this]. I've given and given and given and tithed and tithed and tithed."  Guess she didn't stand with Israel enough.

I'm not sure.  But it seems like when people start with church empire building within the context of their civilization or marketing demographic... well, I'm not sure about that.  "I'm the brand!"  Marc Driscoll (reportedly)  Then there are the trendies, they seem to be pretty good at marketing.  So they have their own ideas about church building in the context of their culture.  With all this going on, who is left to cultivate the culture?  "Fundamentalists."  I guess.  But if Bill Gothard and others are any measure then they have their own problems.  Sorry, just processing...     

No comments: