Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year....

...almost. I have been blogging a little bit. This is the most entertaining, on homophobia at the blog Left2Right. I think they do not quite know what hit them. It seems that Leftists are not used to facts, logic and evidence. Instead, they are used to their own pontificating. I've been blogging there a bit in other sections too.

I think that most things reduce down to sexuality, marriage and Romance and views on the same. I have not written here much on this although I think I did in a comments section once. I can't find it now. This post will probably need some refining and defining.

But as to the Left and the Right, the feminine and the masculine, these basic patterns of life can be helpful to understand in philosophy and politics. You may totally disagree with trying to understand by using the stigma word "stereotype" or disagree with my understanding. That is fine and I will discuss it if you like. Try to rip apart what I say, that is good.

As far as America goes I lean towards the Right because it is an increasingly decadent culture. If I lived in a culture ruled by Islamists I would lean towards the Left instead. But I do not live there. So this comes through clearly in the way I put things. I will criticize the Right in some ways too though.

Like prejudices about light these patterns are fairly universal. (Fairly, fair, fair/lighter and fair/just, to bring things to light and sight, you see....these types of associations in symbols and metaphors are why C.S. Lewis referred to language as a store of wisdom and Karl Kraus could make use of it the way he did.)

On the one hand there is the Left. Yes, there is the one hand, literally on the left, and it is generally a bit more artistic. This can be good and can be bad. Some on the Left go pretty far and are like a bohemian artist who blurs the lines instead of drawing any lines at all. Perhaps they want to see things from both sides or all sides. They just can't quite see things from the Right side. In some artist's minds there is not much right, only the little of what is Left. In the words, this is the kind of mind that hides between the lines and must be drawn out into the lines. For even art, like morality, consists of drawing the line. Slightly more often, their words are literally backwards, dyslexic. One will have to draw the lines for them, then they may make a beautiful picture rather than an ugly one. The link between ethics and aesthetics cannot be overlooked, it must be seen through insight to be seen in sight.

Yet the Left probably does have a point in that everything does not have to have such a pointy point. Those points cut and hurt their good lil' feelings, you know. For the discrimination of that and the safety of their blurred lines. If only all would blurr the lines then all would be well, how swell.

The Right replies, "Thou shalt not make any graven image!" Time is of the essence? All is of the essence, so what place then for existence?

(I'll finish this later and put some links in it. Later....in the end, the right is well....right. And that is swell.)


No comments: