Wealth vs. Money
One of the most dangerous mistakes possible to make in trying to
understand the shape of the economic future is to think of the
fundamental concepts of economics as simple and uncontroversial. They
aren’t.
In economics, as in all other fields, the fundamentals are where
disguised ideologies and unexamined presuppositions are most likely to
hide out, precisely because nobody questions them.
In this and future essays here at Peak Prosperity, I will explore a
number of things that seem, at first glance, very obvious and basic. I
hope you’ll bear with me, as there are lessons of crucial and deeply
practical importance to anyone facing the challenging years ahead.
This is, above all, true of the first thing I want to talk about: the tangled relationship between wealth and money.
Our co-host here, Chris Martenson, likes to remind us all that money
is not wealth, but a claim on wealth. He’s quite right, and it’s
important to understand why. (Read more: Zerohedge)
No comments:
Post a Comment